By Angeles Arrien, cultural anthropologist, 1940-2014
- May you be powerfully loving and lovingly powerful. May you always have love be your guide with family, friends, and colleagues. Remember to listen carefully to your own heart and to the heart of others.
- May you have the courage to always follow your Dreams. Take an action every day to support your life Dream, your love nature, and your integrity.
- May you have the strength to overcome fear and pride; and instead follow what has heart and meaning for you
- May you be the guardians of truth, beauty, creativity, laughter.
- May you protect, preserve, and care for Mother Nature and the wilderness.
- May you show respect to people of all ages and races, and help all living things keep their dignity.
- May you help make a better world for the poor, the sick, the elderly, the youth. Be an active, committed, and positive force in your community.
- May you value and maintain your health and the health and well-being of others.
- May you respect all the ways human beings access their own spirituality.
- May you create a global community committed to peace and non-violence.
- May you keep learning, ask questions, explore, discover, and always maintain curiosity and hope.
- May you honor and respect diversity and the beauty and magic that occurs when differences join to create something far greater than one can imagine.
- May you constantly bring your gifts and talents forward every day without hesitation or reservation.
- May you honor your ancestors and all those who have gone before you, for they paved the way for you to do what you are here to do.
With deep gratitude and respect for all that you will do to make the Earth a better place in which to live.