“My children loved this camp and made it clear this is the only one they wish to attend from now on!”
- Thanksgiving Week Camp 2023: November 20-22
- Winter Camp 2023: December 18-22 (5 days) and/or December 26-29 (4 days)
- We are aware that some schools are taking the week after (Jan 2-5), and we could not offer it at our usual location, Berkwood Hedge, so be in touch if you know of another location we can rent as we would like to host camp this week.
- February Camp 2024: February 20-23
- Spring Camp 2024: April 1-5
I just wanted to let you both know what a great time the kids had the last few weeks. The staff and youth leaders were fun and kind. They loved all the games and being outdoors all day. They always want to come back to this Monkey Business year after year!
We love teaming up with families to provide safe and enriching programs when school’s out, in support of the motto “it takes a village to raise a child.”
*Unplugged & outdoors 95-100% of the time
*For kids ages 5.75-10, and youth leadership program ages 11-17. We give some exceptions for 5 year olds between 5.25-5.75.
* Professional, caring, creative and enthusiastic staff from diverse backgrounds
*A community to both root and expand: over 80% of current staff and youth leaders were former campers.
*Engaging activities and open time for play to emerge
*Gives back: certified green business, abundant financial aid and payment plans, higher than average staff salaries and benefits, donations to tree planting around the world and local organizations Ecology Center and Sogorea Te Land Trust.
*Experienced: Join us in celebrating our 25th year in the East Bay, with over 8,000 kids and 6,000 families having graced our programs over the years, and 3 years experience of in person camps during Covid pandemic.
*locally started and run, woman and LGBTQIA+ owned
“Thanks again. I can see why your camp is so beloved by many parents I met this summer, including those with kids even from many years ago.”
A message that inspires our Director from one of her mentors: An Invocation for the Children of the Future by Angeles Arrien
“We have been coming to Monkey Business for three years now. I love the way the activities grow with my child while maintaining a familiar environment and routine she immediately recognizes. The staff and counselors are consistently amazing.”